SHRM Essentials is ideal for those who are:
New to HR
Small business owners
Managers and professionals with HR responsibilities.
The program covers six key HR topics and provides tools you can immediately put to use in your organization:
1. Human Resources. Gain a clear understanding of the HR function.
2. Talent Acquisition. Develop important skills for attracting and selecting employees.
3. Total Rewards. Learn the key elements of a total compensation system.
4. Learning and Development. Obtain an understanding of orientation, development, and training.
5. Performance Management. Discover the purpose and process for performance evaluation.
6. Employment Law. Enhance your ability to apply key HR legislation.
Course Cost: $500 - 4 sessions
Contact for questions:
email@example.com or (432) 352-0717
ABOUT the INSTRUCTOR:
Permian Basin Society for Human Resource ManagementDr. Michele Harmon began her career working for two Fortune 500 companies, then transitioned back to education serving as a middle school teacher and administrator, and worked as a director in three large urban school districts in Texas serving as the Director of Special Programs, Human Resources, and Career and Technical Education. She has an Ed. D. from the University of Houston in Educational Leadership, an MBA from the University of Texas at the Permian Basin, an MEd from the University of St. Thomas and a B.S. degree from the University of Texas at Austin. She is a lecturer in the College of Business at the University of Texas at the Permian Basin and owns Michele Harmon, LLC, which provides HRM and benefits consultation to clients.
Her doctoral dissertation was in the area of school finance and progressive models for funding public education. She has conducted research for the Texas Equity Center and Moak, Casey Consulting. Her areas of expertise include human resource management and ethics and public policy. She has published and presented nationally on subjects that include the Americans with Disabilities Act, school finance, recruiting and retaining Millennials, conflict resolution, customer service, and ethics in the workplace.