August 22-23, 2019
Overton Hotel & Conference Center
2322 Mac Davis Lane Lubbock, TX 79401
In partnership with Texas Business Conferences & Texas Workforce Commission
Co-Hosted by the West Texas SHRM Chapters
Registration: 7:30-8:30 a.m. (Thursday)
Conference: 8:30-4:30 p.m. (Thursday) and 8:30 to 4:15 (Friday)
Cost: $175 - includes all materials
Visit www.texasworkforce.org/tbc to register or click here
Stay at the Overton Hotel & Conference Center with a special event rate:
$139.00/night for Standard King and Double Queen Room
$179.00/night for King Preferred and Double Queen Preferred
Book Your Room by Wednesday August 7th to receive these rates.
Book Online or Call 806-776-7000 and mention "West Texas HR Symposium"
Join employers, HR professionals, business owners and anyone who manages employees.
Hear from the state's preeminent employment law attorneys and SHRM special guests.
Texas Workforce COMMISSION Thursday Symposium Topics:
- Texas Employment Law and Hiring Legally
- Federal and Texas Wage and Hour Law
- Unemployment Claims and Hour Law
- Unemployment Claims and Appeals
- Independent Contractors
- Employee Policy Handbooks
- Workplace Privacy Issues
- Background Checks and Social Media
West Texas SHRM Friday Symposium Breakout Session Topics:
- Beyond Major Medical: Key Compliance Issues
- Retirement Plans; Trends and Readiness - The Survey Says...
- How to Legally and Meaningfully Discuss Criminal History with Applicants
- FMLA, Leave Administration, and Other Time Off of Work Issues
- Hot Topics: HR vs Tech?
- Employee Engagement, Culture and the Bottom Line - Are They Connected?
- A Marijuana Policy Debate - State, Federal, and the Claims Industry
- Building a 5-Star Total Rewards Strategy
- Why employees stability should be important to you
- Teambuilding: The key to a successful endgame
- Innovative Strategies and Your Bottom Line: Controlling Healthcare Costs
- Coping with Change: Practical Tips for Responding to the New Salary Level Test
- Empowering HR as Internal Consultants
- Workers Compensation 101
- Skinny Handbook? The pros and cons of limiting your page count
- We don't need no stinkin' badges...or do we?
- Fintech payroll innovation driving employee retention and happiness
- Will You Work For Me? Understanding a multi-generational workforce
Continuing Education Credit available for HR professionals, CPAs & Attorneys (SHRM, HRCI, MCLE, CPE). General Professional Credit is also available.
(12.0 Hours CE for SHRM/HRCI)
Also visit our Exhibitor Showcase in the Horizon Ballroom on the 2nd Floor of the Convention Hall, and visit with over 25 exhibitors providing solutions to help your business and employees succeed.
Interested in Exhibiting? Spaces are on a first-come first-serve basis. Please contact Kevin Dawson at Kevin_Dawson@ajg.com for more information.
Are you a SHRM Chapter Member?
Visit our SHRM Member Hospitality Lounge in the Canyon Room on the 2nd Floor of the Convention Hall, and network with other SHRM members from across West Texas with refreshments available.