Benefits and Wellness Manager Apply
City of Lubbock
Evaluation, planning, communication, and administration of employee benfit programs such as
retirement plans; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; temporary disability programs;
COBRA/FMLA/ADA and wellness programs.
* Manages the Employee Benefit programs to include; medical, dental, vision, life and
disability, HSA, FMLA, savings and retirement plans, along with any ancillary offered plans
and ensures consistency with plan documents and provider contracts.
* Serves as the primary contact for City employees, retirees and COBRA participants on
benefit inquiries, plan provisions and enrollments, claim issues, life event, deferred comp
and plan changes.
* Supervises the work of the Benefits Specialist(s); the completion of appropriate paperwork;
premium and payroll issues regarding benefits.
* Oversees the annual open enrollment process including the coordination and distribution of
material, creation and facilitation of presentations, and ensures changes are made to all
benefit materials; develops communication around plan changes, deadlines, etc.
* Oversees administration of contracts and other documentation concerning employee
* Manages and oversees the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for acquiring and re-
structuring City health and wellness plan(s).
* Serves as Family and Medical Leave Administrator. Processes requests for FMLA, MFLA
(Military Family Leave Amendments), the Sick Leave Sharing program, Medical Leave of
* Absence and Disability Assessment. Counsels employees on policy provisions so
individuals can make informed decisions.
* Administers Limited Duty Program. Coordinates modified duty and return to work with
employees, department heads, supervisors, payroll, and timekeepers to insure accurate
records are kept and procedures are followed.
* Maintains plan documents, summary plan descriptions, benefit guide, vendor agreements,
contracts and other documents related to plan administration.
* Participates in the development of fiscal year budget projections.
* Promotes wellness resources and increases utilization of programs provided by wellness
vendor, healthcare providers and EAP.
* Manages wellness events, taking full ownership of event logistics, timetables,
communications and other deliverables.
* Ensures regulatory compliance with benefit related state and federal laws in regard to ACA,
HIPAA, FMLA, COBRA, etc.; stays up-to-date with proposed legislation at local, state and
Other Important Duties:
* May travel to attend meetings, conferences and training.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Regular and consistent attendance for the assigned work hours is essential